Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Q- What are you doing to follow Covid19 guidelines?A- INDY and our partners will constantly monitor government guidelines and make updates to this page and communicate with our ticket holders as and when necessary. Please refer to government guidelines regarding attending with people of your own household and mixing households. We pass on this responsibility to our guests to make sure that you follow these. The safety and comfort of our guests, staff and acts is extremely important, so we have put procedures in place to make sure you have a fantastic evening without any concerns. The following FAQs will cover these procedures. While we will endeavour to ensure that all customers abide by these guidelines, we also appreciate your assistance in making sure these are adhered to and trust that our guests will behave in a safe and sensible manner. INDY and our partners thank you for supporting our events and appreciate your understanding during this time.2. Q- What will happen on arrival?A- On arrival, we will have a contactless vehicle check on entry and you will need to have your tickets available either printed or on your device. You will be directed to your parking spot which will be allocated on arrival. Please see the below FAQs regarding arrival times. Our car spaces have been designated at more than 3 metres apart to ensure plenty space between cars.3. Q- Can we get out of our vehicles?A- Guests can leave their car to visit the toilet and food and drink facilities. Our car parking spaces have been designated at 3 metres apart and you must stay in the immediate area surrounding your vehicle to adhere to social distancing guidelines. We ask that people stay in their vehicles as much as possible at our drive-in cinema events.
4. Q- Will toilet facilities still be available?
A- Toilet facilities are signposted and available on site. We will operate a one-in-one-out system, with the queuing system respecting the 2-metre rule. Toilets are checked and disinfected after each use, so we appreciate your patience during this time.
5. Q- Will we still be able to purchase food?
A- Social distancing rules will also apply when queuing for your food and drink. Please see the FAQ section below for more information regarding food and drink relevant to whether you are attending the Drive-in cinema.
6. Q- How can I buy a ticket?
A- Tickets can be purchased online with a Debit or Credit card here or in some cases via the venue themselves, please check the Cinema Info in these cases.
7. Q- How much are tickets?
A- Ticket prices depend on the film or venue and include a booking fee. The ticket price is per car and not per person and there is a 5 person limit per vehicle. Please check with each venue in regards to any large vehicles such as vans, buses, camper vans, motorhomes or anything that is not deemed to be a ‘car’. Cars are also not permitted to have any attachments such as a trailer.
8. Q- I haven’t received my ticket yet, will I need it to enter?
A- Yes. You will need to show your tickets at the entrance to be allowed in. You can either print these or show them on a mobile device. Please also check your spam / junk mail. If you have exhausted all of these options and still cannot find your tickets, please contact the venue or us at email@example.com with all your booking information and we will investigate this for you. Any fraudulent use of duplicate tickets may result in you being asked to leave the event.
9. Q- What time can I arrive?
A- Each venue will have different times for arrival, please check your ticket and the venue’s page for more information.
10. Q- Can I reserve a car space in advance?
A- We cannot reserve spaces in advance. The venue’s event team will assign you a space on arrival and this will be dependent on available spaces at that time and the size of your car. Larger cars and SUVs may be positioned to the sides or further back but please do not panic, we make sure everyone gets a really good spot. If you have specific access requirements and need to be parked close to accessible facilities, please contact the venue using the name and email on your booking, the event you have booked, the number plate of the car you will be arriving in and a booking reference if possible.
11. Q- How will I hear the film / music?
A- The sound of the film at our Drive-in Cinema can be heard through your car FM radio system (subject to venue location). We do not currently plan to use an additional sound system.
12. Q- Are there people on site to help me?
A- There will be a dedicated events team on site to assist with all your needs. Please do NOT honk your car horn or flash your lights for attention. If you need to speak to a member of the team once the performance has ended, please wait until all other cars have left and the staff will approach you to see how they can help.
13. Q- What if I need to leave before the film / show ends?
A- There will be enough space between each vehicle for you to be able to drive out if need be. Please let a member of staff know that you need to leave and they will assist you out. We also need to be made aware of your departure for any emergency evacuation procedures / health and safety purposes.
14. Q- Can I buy food and drink on site?
A- Most of our Drive-in cinemas will have cinema snacks for you to enjoy. There may also be various food vendors on site. Venues will not be serving alcohol at these events. We also kindly ask that guests be mindful with any rubbish from eating and drinking. We kindly ask that you do not drop any litter out of your car window, we ask for as much co-operation as possible.
15. Q- Can I pay for food and drink with a Debit / Credit card?
A- Yes, we ask that all payments are made by card, to limit customer and staff contact. If you are only able to pay with cash, please be aware that dirty notes may be declined, and the correct amount would be appreciated where possible to limit the movement of monies.
16. Q- Can I bring my own food and drink?
A- We ask that you do not bring your own food and drink to any event. As our events are Drive-in, we also want to be able to control any alcohol consumption so that we are not advocating drink-driving.
17. Q- Are there toilet facilities?
A- Yes. There there will be plenty toilets throughout the venue. Please see the Covid-19 Guidelines at the top of this page for further information on using toilets during this period,
18. Q- Is there wheelchair access?
A- Our venues have accessible facilities throughout however. If it is difficult to operate your chair around the grounds, we would be happy to provide extra assistance, including if you wish to request a parking space closer to the facilities. If you wish to do this, please contact the venue with your name and email address of your booking and supplying them with the show details you have bought tickets for and your car registration. The arrival team can then be aware in advance and be ready to help.
19. Q- Are there age ratings on screenings and LIVE acts?
A- At our Drive-in Cinema, all parties in the car must be the correct age as stated by the film certification. This includes any sleeping children in your car. They must still be the required age to watch the film. All films are classified by the BBFC.
20. Q- How many people can I bring?
A- The price of your ticket is per car not per person. There is a maximum capacity of five people per vehicle. One ticket equals one vehicle and occupants must be from one household (or extended household).
21. Q- Am I able to bring my dog?
A- Our Drive-in events are dog-friendly so you don’t have to leave your furry friends at home.
22. Q- Can I smoke in my car?
A- There may be dedicated smoking areas at each venue. Please check each venue for further information. If there are smoking areas you are only allowed to smoke in these areas only, including e-cigarettes and vaping devices. Please adhere to social distancing rules if using these areas.
23. Q- What if the weather is not on our side?
A- We think sitting in a car in the rain watching a film is romantic, but if you don’t agree you can move your booking so long as you contact us no less than 48 hours before the film start time. There are times when we need to cancel. Our screen is rated up to wind speeds of 24mph, and we may cancel if it looks like you won’t get home because of snow, if it’s foggy, or if equipment breaks down. We will assess the weather each day and cancel a screening if we need to. So long as you provided email and mobile phone details when you booked, you will receive a message to say the show is cancelled along with a web link so you can reschedule for any other showing (of any other same-price film) without time limit. The showtime will also display as ‘cancelled’ on the website.
24. Q- Can I record the show?
A- Recording of any film at our Drive-in Cinema is strictly forbidden and you will be asked to leave the premises immediately.
25. Q- Can I keep my engine running?
A- You can keep your engine running if you wish. If you are concerned about using your stereo or lights without your engine on, please be aware that we do have equipment on site to jump start your car if necessary.
26. Q- What happens when the show is over?
A- The team on-site will be there to guide cars to the exit. Please follow our traffic management procedure so that we can exit everybody safely and timely. If you have any trouble with your vehicle and are unable to move, please remain stationary until all cars have departed and one of the team will visit you at your car to help.
27. Q- Can I get an exchange or refund on my tickets?
A- We may be able to exchange your ticket for another of our events, providing that there is space and you contact us within 14 days of purchase and up to 24 hours before your scheduled film / event takes place. If this event has a higher ticket price, you will be asked to pay this difference. Unless the event is postponed or cancelled, we do not offer refunds on any tickets. If you have a valid reason why you are unable to attend, please contact us and we will endeavour to help you.
28. Q- I haven’t found an answer to my question.
A- We are sorry that we have not been able to help you on this page. Please contact either INDY or the venue you wish to attend with your question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.